Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Sunday, July 9th: Canadians and Competitive Clotheslines

Busy, busy weekend! Raelyn and I went running, which is a big deal for me since it’s the first time I’ve been running since I hurt my foot! People in Tanzania think running and exercise is funny, so locals laughed at us, imitated us, and one guy tried running next to us!

We were also extremely domestic this weekend. We cooked a traditional African meal called “pilau,” which is a meat, vegetable, and rice dish. It took probably two hours to prepare the entire meal! We also hand washed our own laundry for the first time. Raelyn and I took our friendship to the next level. She likes to say, “nobody has ever been as intimate with my intimates.”

On Saturday, we visited Baba’s friends nearby. They are former missionaries from Canada (Raelyn was excited) and have been starting up their own Bed and Breakfast, which is turning out to be more like a resort! They were having their first guests that night, so we helped clean windows! They were so welcoming, kind, and had great stories! Check them out at: http://www.dashirlodge.com/

Last night, our class met up at TCDC, watched Dodgeball, had some beers, and had a mini discotech with our very own DJ Ray Ray. Today, our Baba told us he wanted to treat us to a nice lunch, so he took us to a buffet restaurant in Usa River! We even got Ice Cream. Brenda and Rachel, one of Baba’s daughters, also came. T’was a greatttt weekend!




Beginnings of Dashir Lodge!

My new sheets..... Aww yeah!!

Woman in da kitchennnn! Watch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment