Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Friday, July 6th: Power strips, pizza, and paka

We had our second trip to Mt. Meru! Today was a little more relaxed than last week. There was less equipment around, so my friend Grace and I casually fixed a power strip, then took a nice little break ... the rest of the day! I explored the city of Arusha with some friends and got PIZZA for lunch! It was surprisingly good despite my snobbish New York Standards!

Also, there are these kitties that we found hanging around out work area! “Paka,” in Kiswahili means “cat,” which allowed me to make my title alliteration. I’m all about the titles. People here don’t keep animals as pets though. Dogs are kept as guards, and cats get rid of rodents. Therefore my cat at home, Charlotte, would be pretty useless because she’s just a lazy diva. 

Paka!

No comments:

Post a Comment