Thursday, August 16, 2012

August 3rd: Ending the week right

After a “pole pole” week at the hospital, we enjoyed Lasagna day once again, and then went into Arusha to pick up parts. Additionally my four-year old computer adapter decided to stop working this week, so I had to pick up a new (and extremely expensive) one. On our way home, we changed dala dala’s twice, and one of the conductors pretended we didn’t pay him. Of course we didn’t give in, such a jerk.

To unwind after a rough week, we helped out at the orphanage! The kids are so sweet, and a little mischievous! It’s nice to go in the evening because it’s when the Mamas have the least amount of volunteers to put the kids to bed. The children are starting to get to know my name! :D (Well, “Lili,” if you can call that my name) 
Neema stealing my glasses!

My little friend Andrea and "Mama Lili"

Absolute Chaos

No comments:

Post a Comment